Monitors your Mac's IP address in the menubar
IPAddressSentinel is a menu bar app which displays and copies your current machines IP addresses and name. (Only the "first" IP address found to save space.)
Since the app registers itself to receive notifications of changes in machine IP address, it is always current, and you can use it to know when you Mac is connected to the internet by just looking at your menu bar. If it is not connected then the title will be empty: "-.-.-.-".
This app can also:
• Include machine name in menu bar
• Include wireless network name in menu bar
• Show the external Ip address in the menu
• Show the domain name of the address
• List all addresses on your Mac in the menu
• Email you when the machine address changes
• Email you when the external address changes
• Graphically indicate when the address changes in the menu bar
• Optionally only show the app icon in menu bar, to save space.
• The menu is updated whenever you open it.
• External IP address is retrieved from "https://www.whatismyip.com/" but not at a rate that exceeds once every six minutes to conform to their access policy.
• Use the logging mechanism for detailed tracking of activity.
• Changes in IP address can be indicated by showing a red app icon in the menu bar.
Try the demo. Fully functional.
Note: This is legacy software and requires macOS 10.14 Mojave, the last macOS that supports 32 bit software.